... Lake effect snow warning in effect from 7 am this morning to
7 am EST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a lake
effect snow warning for heavy lake effect snow and blowing
snow... which is in effect from 7 am this morning to 7 am EST
Saturday. The lake effect Snow Advisory is no longer in effect.
* a band of heavy lake effect snow is expected to move into western
and northern portions of the Keweenaw peninsula this morning.
Moderate lake effect snow is then expected tonight into early
Saturday as winds turn out of the northwest.
* West to northwest winds gusting as high as 30 mph through Thursday
will lead to blowing and drifting snow... especially near Lake
Superior. Winds will be light Thursday night into Saturday.
* 6 to 10 inches of snow is expected today along and north of a line
from Redridge to Calumet to Copper Harbor. South of that
line... expect 1 to 5 inches today. Northwest winds will bring
another 6 to 12 inches of snow tonight and Thursday... highest in
the typically northwest winds snowbelts. A few more inches of snow
is expected to accumulate each day and night from Thursday night
through Friday night... resulting in total accumulations of 1 to 2
* roads will become snow covered and slippery.
* Moderate to heavy snow and blowing snow will reduce visibilities.
* a lake effect snow warning means significant amounts of lake-
effect snow are forecast that will make travel very hazardous or
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT