- Second Massive Hole Discovered in Siberia; Here's What May Be Causing Them
- NASA Satellite Study: U.S. West Using Up Underground Water During Drought
- Washington Wildfires Destroy Homes and Lives (PHOTOS)
- Washington, Oregon Wildfires: Residents Say They Received No Alerts Carlton Complex Fire Was Approaching
- Air Algerie Flight 5017 Crash Wreckage Found in Mali: 'There Are...No Survivors'
- All News
- June 2014 Is Earth's Hottest June on Record: NOAA
- Climate Changes Coming Faster Than Any Time in Modern Civilization: Report
- Coastal Flood Risk Rising Sharply on U.S. East Coast: Study
- What's 'Normal' Weather Now? It's Time to Redefine It: WMO
- Global Warming Imperils U.S. Future If We Don't Stop 'Risky Business'
- All News
Maps and Radar
This colored contour map shows the forecasted ultraviolet index (UV index) for noon at local time. The sun's ultraviolet rays can cause sunburn and other harmful damage to the body, and the UV index is proportional to the strength of the sun's ultraviolet rays. The key below the image shows the corresponding UV index and minutes to skin damage at noon for each color.
|Get Free Weather Stickers®|
|Upload Your Photos|
|Weather™ API for Developers NEW!|
|Become a Site Member|
|Find us on Facebook|
|Follow us on Twitter|