303 Obama, 206 Romney.
Since 538 were available, that means FL hasn't been called for either one. Could still go 303/235
Votes still being processed in a few states:
Example, as of now, Obama leads Romney by 46,039 in the state of FL. Those 29 are still up in the air.
So what do the people get?
Four more years.
Are there any silver linings?
1. Presidents are limited to two terms. So this will be, good or bad, Obama's last term (god help us).
2. In 2016, the states will have gotten wiser, and will finally straighten out the voter ID battle.
3. We can finally put the "blame Bush for everything" idea to rest. This term Obama has his first term to overcome. Can't blame the debt or deficits on Bush, can he?
4. The House still is being held by Republicans, and there is no super majority in the Senate. You thought you've seen a stalemate before? Watch these next two years carefully. In 2014, we'll see who holds Congress then.
5. We'll see the results of an experiment - what would have happened if Carter had gotten a second term? We're about to find out.
There are people out there that don't understand some things about the Congress. Certain things that either have to start in the House, or be confirmed by the House (such as raising the debt ceiling).
The big one? Article I, Section 7 states that all revenue bills shall originate in the House of Representatives (Appropriations bills, the budget, taxation).
Bills, for example that fund Obamacare.
Obama doesn't control the House (thank god).