... Red flag warning in effect from 4 PM Tuesday to 8 PM PDT
Wednesday for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zones
610, 640, 641, and 675...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 4 PM Tuesday to 8 PM PDT
* Affected area... in Washington... fire zone 675 covering the
southern Kittitas and southern Yakima valleys as well as the
Hanford district. In Oregon... fire zones 610, 640,and 641
covering the east slopes of the Oregon Cascades... central and
north central Oregon... and the lower Columbia Basin.
* Timing... winds will increase late Tuesday afternoon and become
breezy during the evening hours. Although winds will diminish
Tuesday night... winds will increase again Wednesday afternoon
* Wind... west to northwest wind 10 to 20 mph with local gusts to
* Humidity... 5 to 15 percent Tuesday. 10 to 20 percent Wednesday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Blue Mountains of Oregon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:13 PM PDT Jul. 16, 2018 – National Weather Service