... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening
for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zones 610, 640,
641, and 675...
* affected area... in Washington... fire zone 675 covering the
southern Kittitas and southern Yakima valleys as well as the
Hanford district. In Oregon... fire zones 610, 640,and 641
covering the east slopes of the Oregon Cascades... central and
north central Oregon... and the lower Columbia Basin.
* Timing... winds will increase during the day and become breezy by
late afternoon and early evening.
* Wind... west to northwest wind 10 to 20 mph with local gusts
to 30 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 20 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
East Columbia River Gorge Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 9:05 AM PDT Jul. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service