... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 am PDT
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 am PDT
* what... heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 10 to
20 inches in the warning area. Total snow accumulations of 5
to 10 inches in the advisory area.
* Where... warning for elevations above 5500 feet, including
Crater Lake and Diamond Lake, Highway 62, Highway 138 near
Toketee Falls, and Mt. Ashland ski area. Advisory for
elevations above 4000 feet, including Highway 140 at Lake of
The Woods, Highway 66 near Greensprings, I-5 at Siskiyou
Summit, Highway 58 near Willamette Pass, and Highway 138 near
* When... for the Winter Storm Warning, until 1 am PDT Saturday.
For the Winter Weather Advisory, until 1 am PDT Saturday.
* Additional details... travel will be very difficult. Significant
reductions in visibility are possible. Strong southwest winds
of 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 45 mph will create near blizzard
conditions at times over peaks, including the Mt. Ashland ski
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
occurring, and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Oregon Cascades Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 11:14 PM PDT Mar. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service