... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 am Thursday to 5 am
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a Winter Weather
Advisory for snow and blowing snow which is in effect from 11 am
Thursday to 5 am PDT Friday.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 12 inches with locally higher amounts
expected on the highest peaks.
* Timing... heaviest snow will be between late morning and early
* Winds... northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* Impacts... moderate snow and strong winds will create dangerous
conditions if recreating in the rubies.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area, visit
A Winter Weather Advisory means that travel difficulties are
expected due to wintry conditions. Be prepared for slippery roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. For the
latest Road conditions call 511 or visit http://www.Nvroads.Com.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Ruby Mountains and East Humboldt Range Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:05 PM PDT Mar. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 10:04 PM GMT Mar. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Marys River above Hot Springs ck near Deeth.
* Until further notice.
* At 1:15 PM Wednesday the stage was 6.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by midnight tomorrow and
continue to rise to near 6.3 feet by early Saturday morning.
* Impact... at 6.0 feet... flood stage, minor lowland
flooding on the lower mary's river, with minor flooding of rural roads
throughout the area. Some minor flooding of streets in Deeth.
Lat... Lon 4147 11529 4147 11519 4110 11519 4104 11526 4103 11536
Issued: 3:54 PM PDT Mar. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT
* winds... northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase Thursday morning with the
strongest winds from late morning through the afternoon.
* Impacts... strong gusty winds will make driving challenging,
especially those driving vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles. Secure loose outdoor items such as
trash cans and outdoor furniture.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph with gusts
in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use