The Flood Warning continues for
the Humboldt River at Comus.
* Until further notice.
* At 1:15 PM Wednesday the stage was 11.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will remain near 11.1 feet
* impact... at 11.0 feet... moderate to major lowland flooding
throughout reach. Many rural roads near river flooded. Minor to
moderate flooding in lower portions of Winnemucca. Main area
impacted is between The Union Pacific rairoad and Golconda street
on the west and second street on the east, beneath Interstate 80.
Lat... Lon 4103 11702 4070 11705 4090 11762 4087 11800 4118 11795
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Humboldt County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:04 PM PDT Mar. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 3:54 PM PDT Mar. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT
* winds... northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase Thursday morning with the
strongest winds from late morning through mid-afternoon.
* Impacts... strong gusty winds will make driving challenging,
especially those driving vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles. Secure loose outdoor items such as
trash cans and outdoor furniture.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph with gusts
in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use
- Denio Junction
- Gouge Eye
- Happy Creek Station
- Klauman Seeding
- Paradise Hill
- Paradise Valley
- Quinn River Crossing
- Red House
- Rose Creek
- The Fairbanks