... High Wind Warning remains in effect from 8 am this morning to
11 am MST Tuesday...
* location... this includes the south central mountains and
southwest Chaves County.
* Winds... southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph,
becoming west early Tuesday morning.
* Timing... winds will strengthen late morning, peak late
afternoon into the evening hours, then gradually decrease
* Visibility... locally reduced from blowing dust. Some areas of
blowing snow may locally reduce visibility early Tuesday
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution,
especially with cross winds.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 3:55 AM MST Feb. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service