... Wind Advisory in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to midnight
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to midnight
* Location... the northern mountains of New Mexico.
* Winds... southerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase this afternoon and continue through
midnight. Snow is then expected to develop over the high terrain
tonight while winds continue to impact the area.
* Visibility... locally reduced in areas of blowing dust.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds will create difficult travel
on east to west oriented roadways.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:51 AM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service