... High Wind Warning now in effect until 5 am MST Tuesday...
* location... east slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
* Winds... southwest 35 to 50 mph with gusts to 65 mph, becoming
west after midnight.
* Timing... winds will strengthen through the morning hours, peak
this afternoon and evening, the gradually decrease after
* Visibility... locally reduced from blowing snow, with near white-
out conditions possible overnight.
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. Sudden
cross winds are possible, including along U.S. Highway 64
between Eagle Nest and Angel Fire. High winds could down tree
branches, as well as produce blowing and drifting snow to near
white out conditions.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 3:55 AM MST Feb. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service