... Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am to 7 PM MST Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 8 am to 7 PM MST Wednesday.
* Location... northwest Highlands, west central mountains,
Southwest Mountains, Jemez Mountains, Sandia/Manzano Mountains,
Central Highlands, south Central Highlands, south central
* Winds... sustained from the northwest at 25 to 35 mph with
occasional gusts of 45 to 55 mph.
* Timing... winds will strengthen in the mid to late morning
Wednesday, first in western New Mexico, with speeds continuing
to strengthen and spread eastward through the mid to late
afternoon. Winds are expected to decrease in speed around
* Visibility... no widespread visibility reductions are expected,
but localized blowing dust will be possible near some open
fields, ongoing construction sites, and other similar dust-prone
* Local impacts... strong cross winds are expected on southwest to
northeast oriented roads and highways. This could create
difficult driving conditions for high profile vehicles.
Lightweight or loose objects, such as Holiday decorations, may
become blown around or toppled.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northwest Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:32 PM MST Dec. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service