... Wind Advisory in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 3 am MDT
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 3 am MDT
* Location... much of western New Mexico, the upper and lower Rio
Grande Valley, and areas from Raton ridge southward through the
northeast and Central Highlands.
* Winds... southerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase this afternoon and peak this
evening before tapering off overnight.
* Visibility... locally reduced in areas of blowing dust.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds will create difficult travel
on east to west oriented roadways, including Interstate 40.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northwest Plateau Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:51 AM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service