... High wind watch remains in effect from this evening through
* timing... late tonight through Saturday.
* Winds... west 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* Impacts... high winds could make driving difficult for
motorists driving high profile vehicles such as campers, vans,
and tractor trailers. Expect severe turbulence for low flying
light aircraft. High profile vehicles will be difficult to
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Lea County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 3:34 AM MST Feb. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 2:54 AM MST Feb. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Saturday morning
through Saturday afternoon for the southeast New Mexico plains for
winds at least 25 mph, minimum relative humidity of 15 percent
or less, and very high fire danger...
* wind... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 50 to 60 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.