... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM EST this evening
above 3500 feet...
* locations... elevations above 3500 feet in the southern
mountains of western North Carolina, including the Great Smoky
Mountains and vicinity.
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... winds will remain gusty from the south into the
evening before briefly diminishing. Strong, gusty winds will
return from the northwest on Sunday and additional wind
advisories could be needed.
* Winds... south 10 to 25 mph with gusts as high as 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down isolated to scattered limbs,
trees, and power lines. Isolated power outages are possible.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Jackson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:54 PM EST Jan. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service