... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from Wednesday morning through
* Impacts: low humidities... strong gusty winds... and wind shift with
a cold front may create erratic fire behavior and an increased
risk of new fire starts.
* Affected area: in north central Montana, fire weather zones 115
* Counties affected: in central Montana, Cascade, Fergus, Judith
In north central Montana, Chouteau.
* Cold front: a cold front from Canada will move south across the
region Wednesday afternoon.
* Wind: west 20 to 30 mph, with gusts to 40 mph, becoming north 20
to 30 mph, with gusts to 40 mph, behind the front.
* Humidity: as low as 15 percent.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are possible. A combination of gusty winds, low relative
humidity, and warm temperatures will create high fire growth
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this Fire Weather Watch.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Fergus Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 2:30 PM MDT Oct. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service