... Red flag warning in effect from noon Saturday to midnight MDT
Saturday night for low relative humidity for fire weather zones
113, 115 and 116...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a red flag
warning for low relative humidity, which is in effect from noon
Saturday to midnight MDT Saturday night.
* Affected area... in Montana, fire weather zones 113 hill and
Blaine counties, 115 Chouteau and Fergus counties and 116
Lincoln Ranger district of the Helena National Forest.
* Winds... northwest 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing... this afternoon through evening as well as Saturday
afternoon through Saturday evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 14 percent.
* Temperatures... highs around upper 80s to lower 90s.
* Impacts... low humidity and gusty west winds could create critical
fire weather conditions for grassland locations.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Chouteau Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:00 PM MDT Jul. 20, 2018 – National Weather Service