...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 11 PM MST Wednesday...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow remains in effect until 11 PM MST Wednesday.
* Timing and main impact: snow with periods of heavy snow in the mountains will continue. Snow will diminish over Gallatin County Wednesday morning and over the Rocky Mountain front Wednesday night. Local blowing snow is expected in the mountains. Much of the snow at lower elevations will accumulate tonight and Wednesday morning. Travel will be difficult at times.
* Snow accumulations: 4 to 10 inches additional accumulation are expected in the mountains but mountains in Glacier park could see an additional foot or more. Total accumulations at lower elevations will range from 2 to 6 inches.
* Visibility: visibility will be less than one half mile at times.
* Locations affected include: Choteau...White Sulphur Springs... Battle Ridge Pass...Bozeman...Bozeman Pass...Targhee Pass... West Yellowstone...Stanford...Lewistown...Lewistown Divide... Browning...Marias Pass...Cut Bank...Townsend...Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass...Flesher Pass...Helena...Lincoln... MacDonald Pass...Rogers Pass
* to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must...keep an extra flashlight...food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1.