...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon MDT today...
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow...remains in effect until noon MDT today.
* Timing and main impact: snow will diminish later this morning. Poor visibility will hamper travel.
* Snow accumulations: total accumulations of 2 to 4 inches are likely.
* Winds and visibility: northwest winds 10 to 20 mph will continue. Visibilities will frequently be near or below one mile but will improve late this morning.
* Other impacts: roads above 5000 feet will be slippery due to slush and snow. In particular this includes the Hudson Bay Divide. There will be a risk of hypothermia in the back country with wind chills falling into the teens this morning.
* Locations affected include: Browning...Marias Pass...Logan Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1.