...High wind watch in effect from Thursday evening through Friday morning...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a high wind watch...which is in effect from Thursday evening through Friday morning.
* Timing and main impact: strong winds are possible over the Rocky Mountain front beginning on Thursday evening and then continuing through Friday morning.
* Winds: sustained west winds of 35 to 45 mph...with gusts near 65 mph are possible.
* Other impacts: the strong winds could create difficult driving conditions for high profile vehicles.
* Locations affected include: Choteau...Browning and Marias Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.