...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight to 5 am MST Sunday...
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow remains in effect from midnight tonight to 5 am MST Sunday.
* Timing and main impact: snow and blowing snow will develop Friday evening along the Rocky Mountain front and late Friday night across southwest Montana. Snow will continue through Sunday morning. Travel may become difficult... especially over mountain passes.
* Snow accumulations: total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches are expected with locally higher amounts in the mountains above pass level.
* Winds and visibility: the combination of falling snow and gusty winds will create widespread blowing snow with visibility less than one-half mile at times.
* Locations affected include: Targhee Pass...West Yellowstone... Browning...Marias Pass...Big Hole Pass...Chief Joseph Pass... Monida Pass...Lincoln...Raynolds Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1.