... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST /6 am
* what... snow expected, mixed with freezing rain and sleet at
times. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches are expected. A
very thin glaze of ice is possible east of an Iron Mountain to
* Where... Baraga, Marquette, Iron, Dickinson and southern
* When... until 7 am EST /6 am CST/ Sunday.
* Additional details... the wet snow will create difficult travel
conditions overnight into early Sunday morning. The wet snow
will also make shoveling and plowing of the snow more difficult.
Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Houghton Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 8:59 PM CST Feb. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 3:31 PM EST Feb. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect from 7 am to 7 PM EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 7 am to 7 PM EST Sunday.
* winds will shift to the west and increase with gusts of 40 to
45 mph Sunday morning through early Sunday evening.
* the strong winds combined with the heavy wet snow falling
tonight may result in downed tree limbs and sporadic power
* Driving high profile vehicles will be difficult.
* a Wind Advisory means that frequent wind gusts of 45 to 57
mph are expected.
* Prepare, plan, and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT