...Winter Storm Watch now in effect from Sunday evening through late Monday night...
* locations...this includes Block Island...Marthas Vineyard and Nantucket.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 4 to 7 inches...along with a trace of ice accretion possible.
* Hazard types...heavy snow along with a period of sleet possible.
* Timing...snow develops after midnight Sunday night. Snow falls heavy at times into mid morning on Monday. The snow will likely change to a period of sleet and rain by Monday afternoon before changing back to snow and ending later Monday evening.
* Impacts...hazardous travel is expected along with snow covered roads and poor visibility.
* Winds...northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Visibilities...one quarter mile or less at times.
A Winter Storm Watch is issued for the potential of accumulating snow of 6 or more inches in a 12 hour period...or 8 or more inches in a 24 hour period. Anyone traveling in the next 24 to 36 hours should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to modify travel plans should winter weather develop.
For the latest updates...please visit our webpage at www.Weather.Gov/Boston
You can follow US on facebook at