... Red flag warning in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 8 PM
EDT this evening for elevated fire weather potential for western
and central Massachusetts... .
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a red flag
warning for relatively humidity values as low as 20 percent and
wind gusts approaching 25 miles per hour... which is in effect
from 2 PM this afternoon to 8 PM EDT this evening. The Fire
Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... western and central Massachusetts... particularly
areas of higher terrain.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Timing... winds will become most gusty between 3 PM and 7 PM
* Relative humidity... as low as 24 percent.
* Temperatures... highs in the upper 70s to lower 80s.
* Impacts... dry weather and gusty winds will result in critical
fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. Any fires that start
may spread rapidly and become difficult to extinguish.
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Worcester Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:56 AM EDT on May 04, 2015
Nearby Radar Stations
- Cherry Valley
- East Brookfield
- East Princeton
- East Templeton
- New Braintree
- New Salem
- North Brookfield
- Old Furnace
- Otter River
- South Barre
- South Lancaster
- South Royalston
- Sterling Junction
- Still River
- West Boylston
- West Brookfield
- West Warren
- Winchendon Springs