Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:20 AM EST on December 09, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 6 PM EST this
* locations... most of interior Massachusetts... southern New
Hampshire and Hartford County in northern Connecticut.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches along with
around a trace of ice.
* Timing... snow changing to sleet and freezing rain from south to
north through midday... and eventually to plain rain during the
* Impacts... hazardous driving conditions which will affect the
Monday morning commute.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas... but accumulations are
expected to be light. Any snow or ice would make driving and
walking difficult... but not impossible... on untreated roadways
and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing... motorists
need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where
slippery spots can easily develop.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Cherry Valley
- East Brookfield
- East Princeton
- East Templeton
- New Braintree
- New Salem
- North Brookfield
- Old Furnace
- Otter River
- South Barre
- South Lancaster
- South Royalston
- Sterling Junction
- Still River
- West Boylston
- West Brookfield
- West Warren
- Winchendon Springs