... The Flood Warning extended until Tuesday afternoon... the Flood
Warning continues for
The Bayou Dorcheat near Springhill.
* Until Tuesday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:00 am Saturday the stage was 11.1 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 11.4 feet by
tomorrow morning. The river will fall below flood stage Monday
* Impact... at 11.0 feet... expect minor lowland flooding.
Lat... Lon 3317 9339 3300 9335 3282 9332 3282 9338 3300 9343
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Webster Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:45 AM CDT Aug. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 9:36 PM CDT Aug. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 7 PM CDT Sunday...
* event... high pressure aloft across the area will allow for
temperatures to climb into the middle to upper nineties. These
temperatures along with low level moisture will produce heat
indices of 105 to 109 degrees.
* Timing... heat indices will be near 105 to 109 in the afternoon
and early evening before lowering.
* Impact... precautions should be taken to prevent heat related
illnesses, including limiting outdoor work activities to the
morning before temperatures rise and early evening after the
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Take frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned
environments. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and
heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
Heat stroke is an emergency, call 9 1 1.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned
room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and