The Flood Warning continues for
the Illinois River at Beardstown.
* Until further notice.
* At 845 PM Friday the stage was 15.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 28.5 feet by
early Sunday morning. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact... at 28.0 feet... portions of Route 100 are closed due to
floodwaters. When down, the bnsf Railroad bridge across the
Illinois River acts as dam. Big Lake levee is overtopped.
Fld observed forecast 6 am
location stg stg day time Sat sun Mon
Beardstown 14 15.7 Fri 9 PM 16.1 19.0 21.7
Lat... Lon 4018 9023 4012 9017 4008 9037 3999 9046
3999 9058 4015 9043
936 PM CDT Fri Apr 28 2017
The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Illinois River at Meredosia
* from Monday morning until further notice.
* At 8:30 PM Friday the stage was 14.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage Monday morning
and continue to rise to near 25.8 feet Friday evening.
Additional rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact: at 26.0 feet... damage begins to buildings in Meredosia.
* Impact: at 25.7 feet... cemetary Road begins flooding west of old
* Impact: at 25.4 feet... flood fighting begins at Little Creek Lake
* Impact: at 25.0 feet... Smith Lake Road is flooded south of
* Impact: at 24.7 feet... County roads 1625e and 1675e begin to flood
northwest of Meredosia.
* Impact: at 24.0 feet... kochs Lane east of Shady Acres begins
* Impact: at 23.0 feet... flood fighting activities begin at Big Swan
Lake and dam.
* Impact: at 22.4 feet... Meredosia Lake Road overtopped.
* Impact: at 22.2 feet... low roads in Florence overtopped.
* Impact: at 22.0 feet... cargill company in Florence begins flood
fighting activities. Also, unloading operations are shut down at
the ameren Power Plant.
* Impact: at 21.0 feet... Chambers Road south of Naples floods at
mauvaise terre creek near this level.
* Impact: at 20.0 feet... beach Road just north of Shady Acres floods
near this height.
* Impact: at 18.0 feet... city of Meredosia plugs storm sewer outlets.
* Impact: at 17.4 feet... Meredosia boat dock floods.
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 04/29 04/30 05/01 05/02 05/03
Meredosia 17.0 14.20 14.1 14.4 17.0 19.8 22.2
Lat... Lon 3988 9063 3988 9051 3977 9053 3977 9067
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Morgan Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:37 PM CDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service