... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight
tonight to midnight MDT Sunday night...
* impacts... difficult winter driving and outdoor recreational
conditions are expected to develop across the Caribou Highlands
and Idaho portion of the Wasatch mountains.
* Timing... beginning late this evening and continuing through
Sunday night. Greatest impacts expected Sunday morning.
* Snow accumulations... less than 2 inches expected in the valleys
below 6000 ft msl and 2 to 10 inches possible in the mountains
above 6000 ft.
* Confidence... timing: high. Snow levels and impacts: medium.
* Locations... emigration pass, Georgetown Summit, Border Summit,
Geneva Summit, the Caribou Highlands, and the Idaho portion of
the Wasatch mountains.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and reduce driving
speeds. Those planning outdoor recreational activities should be
prepared for winter like conditions. Ensure your vehicle is
prepped for winter driving conditions. Travel with an emergency
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Wasatch Mountains/Idaho Portion Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 1:34 PM MDT Sep. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service