The Flood Warning continues for
the Portneuf River at Pocatello.
* At 11:16 am Wednesday the stage was 9.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 9.8 feet by
tomorrow morning. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact... at 10.0 feet... significant flooding of agricultural land
will occur from the Inkom and Blackrock area. Lowland flooding will
occur along sections of the river in Pocatello from portnuef gap to
the Cheyenne Avenue bridge and downstream of the Concrete channel
beginning at Sacajawea Park.
Fld observed forecast 6 am
location stg stg day time Thu Fri Sat
Portneuf River at po 8.5 9.7 Wed 11 am 9.8 9.6 9.6
Lat... Lon 4298 11257 4276 11237 4263 11228 4265 11213
4286 11225 4301 11253
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lower Snake River Plain Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:41 AM MDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 2:10 PM MDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 8 PM MDT
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 8 PM MDT
* Impacts/timing... beginning near midnight Wednesday night and
continuing through 8 PM MDT Thursday evening. Strong gusty
winds will make driving difficult for high profile vehicles.
Strong cross winds with gusts up to 50 mph are expected on
Interstate 84 between Sublett and the Interstate 86 Junction.
* Winds... west winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Locations... the lower Snake River Plain, including Interstate 84
and 86 between Burley and Pocatello. Also, Interstate 84 from
the Idaho and Utah state line to the Interstate 84 and 86
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 mph are expected. Gusts
over 45 mph are possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra