... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Tuesday night
through Wednesday afternoon...
* location... the Palmer Divide and the southern I-25 corridor of
eastern Huerfano and western Las Animas counties. This
includes the cities of Monument... Walsenburg and Trinidad.
* Cause and timing... a strengthening Pacific storm system will
spread snow into the region late Tuesday night... with the
heaviest falling through Wednesday morning.
* Snow accumulation... 5 to 10 inches however snowfall amounts are
subject to change depending on the storm track and amount of
cold air that comes in with the system.
* Wind... northeast 20 to 40 mph.
* Impact... Road conditions may deteriorate quickly Tuesday night
leading to a slick and snowpacked morning commute.
Visibilities will drop to under a mile at times in heavy wet
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow, sleet, or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Walsenburg Vicinity/Upper Huerfano River Basin Below 7500 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 3:06 PM MDT Mar. 27, 2017 – National Weather Service