... Red flag warning remains in effect from 8 am to 8 PM PST
Sunday for strong gusty winds and low humidities...
* wind... areas of north to northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts
to 50 mph for late tonight through Sunday morning... decreasing
Sunday afternoon and evening. Isolated gusts to 60 mph.
* Location... strongest winds along coastal mountain slopes and
below passes and canyons. Lowest humidities along coastal
mountain slopes... and in the inland Empire and inland Orange
* Humidity... lowest daytime humidities of 10 to 15 percent.
* Timing... strongest winds from late Saturday night through Sunday
morning with lowest humidities for late Sunday morning through
* Outlook... winds will weaken for Sunday night and Monday.
* Fire weather impacts... any fires that develop will likely
spread rapidly and be difficult to contain. Outdoor burning
should be avoided.
* Wind impacts... hazardous driving conditions for high profile
vehicles. Blowing dust may locally reduce visibility below one
mile at times. Debris on roadways and falling tree branches
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and heat can contribute to
extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Orange County Coastal Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:31 AM PST Dec. 16, 2017 – National Weather Service