... Red flag warning remains in effect until 5 PM PST Wednesday
for strong gusty winds and low humidity...
* wind... areas of east to northeast winds 25 to 35 mph with
gusts to 60 mph. Strongest gusts to 70 mph or higher along the
coastal mountain slopes of San Diego County.
* Humidity... minimum in the single digits each day with very
poor overnight recovery.
* Timing... now through Wednesday with the strongest winds
occurring through Tuesday.
* Outlook... very low humidity in the single digits and teens
will continue away from the immediate coast Thursday through
Friday but winds will be much weaker.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly
with extreme fire behavior. Outdoor burning should be avoided.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Orange County Coastal Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:59 PM PST Nov. 12, 2018 – National Weather Service