... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 10 am PST
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST
* what... moderate to heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations
of 12 to 18 inches in the warning area and 6 to 12 inches in the
advisory area. Daytime warming and melting will limit Road
impacts during the daytime today and Saturday in lower
elevations. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph in exposed areas.
* Where... areas in the warning: high terrain areas generally
above 3000 feet in western Siskiyou County to include Etna
Summit on Sawyers Bar Road. Areas in the advisory: areas
generally between 1500 and 3000 feet in western Siskiyou
County to include Scott Valley, Forest Mountain Summit on
* When... until 10 am PST Saturday.
* Additional details... travel could be very difficult to
impossible in the warning area. The hazardous conditions could
impact the morning or evening commute. The best chance for Road
snow will be shortly after dark tonight and again Saturday
night. However heavier snow showers could accumulate on roads in
the lower elevations for a brief time this afternoon and during
the day Saturday.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 1:49 PM PST Feb. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service