... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 2 PM to 11 PM PDT Monday...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a lake Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 2 PM to 11 PM PDT Monday.
* Lakes affected: Frenchman, Stampede, Davis and Eagle.
* Winds: west 10 to 20 mph. Gusts 30 to 40 mph.
* Wave heights: 1 to 3 feet.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to capsizing
and should remain off lake waters until conditions improve.
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 2:35 PM PDT Jun. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:54 PM PDT Jun. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 2 PM to 8 PM PDT
Monday for gusty winds and low humidity for extreme northeastern
California and northwestern Nevada...
* affected area... fire zone 278 eastern Lassen County and fire
zone 458 northern Washoe County.
* Winds... west-southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Humidity... around 10 percent.
* Duration... 4 to 6 hours.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first
responders can contain them.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.