... Wind Advisory now in effect until noon PDT today...
* winds... areas of northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50
* Timing... strongest and most widespread winds after sunrise.
Winds will diminish rapidly during the late morning and afternoon.
* Location... strongest winds near and along coastal slopes of
* Impacts... the winds will make driving difficult... especially for
motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree
limbs and downed Palm fronds.
* Reports... please send reports of strong winds and wind damage to
the National Weather Service via facebook and twitter feeds and
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Riverside County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:52 AM PDT Apr. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:44 AM PDT Apr. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 10 am MST /10 am PDT/
this morning to 7 PM MST /7 PM PDT/ this evening for strong
winds, low relative humidity and very high for the lower Colorado
* affected area... Yuma/Martinez Lake and vicinity/lower Colorado
River valley AZ and lower Colorado River valley CA.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... 10 am MST/PDT to 7 PM MST/PDT
* relative humidity... as low as 8 percent.
* Impacts... fuels are dry and fire danger is very high. These
conditions combined with low relative humidity and strong
winds will lead to widespread hazardous fire weather
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.