... Excessive heat warning remains in effect from 10 am Monday to
8 PM PDT Tuesday...
* temperature... highs in the 90s near the coast and from 97 to
107 in inland Orange County, the western inland Empire and
western valleys in San Diego County. The beaches will not be
quite as hot with highs mostly in the 80s.
* Impacts... heat related illness is likely for those involved in
strenuous outdoor activity, or those with health conditions
that do not have adequate access to air conditioning. If
untreated, heat illness events could be fatal. Never leave
children or pets inside a parked car!
* Outlook... still very warm Wednesday. Gradual cooling Thursday
An excessive heat warning means that a prolonged period of
dangerously hot temperatures will occur. The combination of hot
temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a dangerous
situation in which heat illnesses are likely. Drink plenty of
fluids... stay in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the sun...
and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Diego County Inland Valleys Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Excessive Heat Warning
Issued: 9:17 PM PDT Oct. 21, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 9:40 PM PDT Oct. 21, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 6 am Sunday to 6 PM
PDT Tuesday for strong gusty winds and low humidity...
* wind... for Sunday... areas of northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with
gusts to 35 near the coastal foothills and below passes and
canyons. Stronger and more widespread winds for Monday and
Tuesday with northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 55
* Humidity... lowest daytime humidity of 5 to 10 percent
Sunday... and around 5 percent Monday and Tuesday with poorest
overnight recovery in the windier areas near the coastal
* Timing... through Tuesday... with the most extreme combination
of low humidity... stronger and more widespread winds... and
heat on Monday and Tuesday.
* Outlook... winds will weaken Wednesday with some improvement
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly...
especially Monday and Tuesday. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.