... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
8 PM MST this evening for all of northern Arizona...
* affected area... all of northern and portions of central
* Relative humidity... 5 to 14 percent.
* 20 foot wind Thursday... south to southwest 20 to 35 mph with
gusts 40 to 65 mph.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring or are imminent. A combination of strong
winds and low relative humidities can contribute to extreme fire
Please notify field crews of this red flag warning.
234 am MST Thu Apr 19 2018
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 8 PM MST
this evening for strong winds, low relative humidity and critical
fire danger for the central deserts of south-central Arizona,
southern Gila County and the Tonto National Forest foothills...
* affected area... central deserts and southern Gila County/Tonto
National Forest foothills.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... noon to 8 PM MST Thursday.
* Relative humidity... as low as 9 percent.
* Impacts... fuels are very dry and fire danger is critical.
These conditions combined with low relative humidity and
strong winds will lead to widespread hazardous fire weather
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Gila County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 4:23 AM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service