... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 5 PM PDT /5 PM MST/
* timing... strong winds will continue into Saturday before
diminishing late Saturday afternoon.
* Winds... north winds of 25 to 35 mph with locally higher gusts
to 50 mph possible. Strongest winds are expected in especially
wind prone locations near Laughlin.
* Impacts... strong winds will create dangerous boating
conditions on area lakes. These winds will create very choppy
waters and generate large waves which could capsize or swamp
vessels. Strong wind gusts may cause localized wind damage to
structures and will destroy any unsecured items left outside.
A Wind Advisory means strong winds gusting over 40 mph can make
driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lake Havasu and Fort Mohave Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:34 PM MDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 11:10 AM MDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT /11 PM MST/
Saturday for strong winds and low humidity...
* timing... strong north to northwest winds are expected through
Saturday. Winds should peak early this afternoon, then a brief
lull is possible tonight before picking up again during the day
Saturday. Winds will decrease Saturday night.
* Wind... north winds gusting to 40 to 50 mph today and
Saturday, with locally higher gusts possible.
* Humidity... five to 10 percent each afternoon.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.