... Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Little Rock has issued a lake
Wind Advisory, which is in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening.
* Event... strong south winds will increase today across parts of
northeast, central, and south Arkansas.
* Areas affected... the advisory will affect areas east of a line
from Viola... to Casa... to Amity.
* Timing... south winds will remain strong and gusty through this
* Winds... south winds around 20 mph will gust to 35 mph at times.
* Impacts... winds are expected to be strong enough to cause
problems for boaters on area lakes and rivers. Small boats will
be the most significantly impacted.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Conway Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 10:11 AM CDT May. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service