... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect from 6 am to 6 PM CST
* event... winds will become elevated surrounding a cold front that
will move through Arkansas on Saturday.
* Areas affected... much of southern and western Arkansas.
* Timing... much of Saturday.
* Winds... south to southwest winds at 15 to 25 mph with gusts over
30 mph at times ahead of the front. Winds will shift to the
northwest at 20 to 30 mph behind the front, with gusts possibly
exceeding 40 mph in places.
* Impacts... boaters on area lakes and rivers should use extra
caution on Saturday due to the elevated winds. Also any other
outdoor activity that may be affected by the strong winds
should use extra caution.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes on Saturday. Small boats will be especially prone
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Johnson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 9:51 PM CST Nov. 17, 2017 – National Weather Service