... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight
tonight to 6 am akst Wednesday...
* what... snow and blowing snow expected. Travel will be very
difficult to impossible. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7
* Where... eastern Norton Sound and Nulato Hills.
* When... midnight to 6 am Wednesday.
* Additional details... winds gusting as high as 35 mph will
cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means periods
of snow and blowing snow will cause travel difficulties.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Norton Sound and Nulato Hills Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:29 PM AKST Nov. 20, 2017 – National Weather Service
Coastal Flood Warning
Issued: 7:20 PM AKST Nov. 20, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Coastal Flood Warning remains in effect from 3 PM Tuesday to
noon akst Wednesday...
* location... eastern Norton Sound coast including Norton Bay.
* Coastal flooding... storm surge and tides will combine to raise
sea levels 9 to 12 feet above normal with the highest surge
levels expected in Shaktoolik and Unalakleet. Expect
additional wave run up along exposed coastlines.
* Timing... winds will increase Tuesday morning with storm surge
pushing onshore in the afternoon. Highest water levels are
expected Tuesday evening into Tuesday night.
* Impacts... major erosion is expected with this storm along the
coast. In Unalakleet... low lying areas around the fish
processing plant, boat launch, east side of Alaska commercial
store and other low lying areas along The Lagoon will likely
be inundated. In Stebbins... the first row of homes on the east
side of town (lagoon side) will likely see water under them.
Wave run-up on the beach side of town is expected. In
Shaktoolik... inundation of salt water into fresh water source
and flooding of low lying areas around the Airport is
expected. In St Michael... water levels may be high enough to
impact Road to barge Landing and some structures. Residents
should prepare by moving valuables well above the normal high
A coastal Flood Warning means that rising sea water that causes
flooding is expected. Coastal residents in the warned area should
be alert for rising water and take actions to protect life and